ZAMBIAN FM RE-AFFIRMS LUSAKA’S DECISION TO WITHDRAW RECOGNITION OF SADR

RABAT, Visiting Zambian Foreign Minister Joseph Malanji has re-affirmed his country’s decision in 2016 to withdraw its recognition of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) and end to its ties with it, adding that this decision will be notified to the United Nations and the African Union (AU).

“Zambia confirms its withdrawal of SADR recognition and will notify this decision to the UN, the AU and all its embassies around the world,” said Malanji at a joint media briefing with Moroccan Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation Nasser Bourita here Thursday.

Zambia supports the UN-led political process to reach a settlement for this regional dispute, he said, noting that, while awaiting a political solution, Zambia will not interfere and will maintain a position of neutrality.

Bourita said relations between Morocco and Zambia have witnessed a strong evolution during the last two years, adding that they were marked by the visit, last year of King Mohammed VI to Lusaka, which enabled the signing of several agreements and the launch of a solid co-operation between the two countries.

Thursday’s meeting was an opportunity to discuss ways to implement all these agreements and some regional issues.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK