Three days of national mourning declared in honour of the accident victims

Government has declared a three-day period of national mourning in honour of the 53 people who died in a road accident in Chibombo on Thursday.
Acting secretary to the Cabinet Roland Msiska announced in a statement in Lusaka yesterday that President Michael Sata declared a three day national mourning period to commence on Monday, February 11, 2013.
“The National mourning will commence on Monday 11, February, 2013 at 06.00 hours and will end on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 18.00 hours. During this period, all flags will fly at half mast and programmes of entertainment in nature shall be suspended,” Dr Msiska
said.
And Copperbelt Minister Mwenya Musenge has said the number is expected to increase as some bodies were yet to be identified.
“Thirty five people have so far been confirmed to be Ndola residents, however, the number might increase because we are still waiting for some bodies to be identified,” he said.